- He puts you down.
- He loses his temper, strikes or breaks objects.
- He is extremely jealous.
- She is quiet when he is around and seems afraid to make him angry.
- She stops seeing her friends and family.
- She has unexplained injuries.
- She has casually mentioned his violent behaviour but dismissed what happened as “not a big deal”.
- She cancels plans at the last minute.
- He controls her finances, her behaviour, what she wears, and her social life.
- Her child(ren) is frequently upset, very quiet or withdrawn and won’t say why.
If you think your friend is in a violent relationship, but you aren’t sure – go with your instincts. You probably wouldn’t be concerned without reason.
For more information please contact us at:
Toll Free Line: 1-877-977-0007
In Portage: 204-239-5233